The Outdoor Connection Bedarra Family Tent is a premium two room tent for the family. The large rear bedroom has the unique Ventraflow panels, two large floor to ceiling windows and a large rear Omega door to give maximum cooling for the hot Australian summer nights. Internal window and door covers allow privacy and also give protection from drafts on cold winter nights. The front room features mesh walls, two side doors and a large front door for excellent ventilation. The large front and rear awnings can be used with the opitional awning side walls that give added protection to the awning area.
100 Denier HiCount fabric on the outer fly gives superior strength, durability and 3000mm+ waterproofing. The use of Outdoor Connection’s unique UV-PROTEK treatment provides maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light giving longer life to your camping home. The Hornet Pole System, (which is also used in the Weekender, Heron and Brampton) has a centre ridge pole and six rib construction. This provides excellent strength and stability while creating near vertical side walls for exceptional internal space and headroom.
Improvements from the previous Outdoor Connection Bedarra Dome Tent model:
The front room for the older model, while the mesh walls featured doors that could cover these, the mesh design was particularly cold in the winter! This recent upgrade features solid walls and privacy screens on the front room. This helps to improve the weatherability of the tent, particularly in winter. As an added difference, the latest model, TD-33, has been designed with squared off back room, the previous model tapered off from the ground. Outdoor Connection has provided some great upgrades here!
Sleeps: Up to 8
Dimensions: 500cm L x 270cm W x 210cm Centre Head Height
Floor Area: 480cm L x 260cm W
Packed Dimensions: 80cm L x 35cm W x 35cm H
Material: 100 Denier HiCount fabric on the outer fly gives superior strength, durability. The use of Outdoor Connection’s unique UV-PROTEK treatment provides maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light
Inner Tent: 68D polyester
Flooring: 150gsm polyethylene
Frame: 12.5mm fibreglass/steel
Water Head: Guaranteed 3000mm+ water head for excellent rain protection
Awning: Large front, rear and side door awnings and 3 height adjustable awning poles
Two Room Family Tent suitable for families or couples
- Floor Size: 260(W) x 480(L) x 210 (H) cm. (Internal Measurement) The Height of 210 cm applies to the whole length of the tent. The higher the tent roof over the whole tent – the cooler the tent!
- Eave Size:300(L) x 179(W) cm with Wall Height 179 cm. Side walls almost vertical and high, giving plenty of ‘walk-around’ cool space inside the tent with lots of headroom. A tall person can stand in the CORNER!
- Hornet Pole System, ‘easy to erect’, means your tent is quickly and easily erected while being strong and stable in adverse conditions. Stability Plus Pole Sleeves hold the Hornet poles at the top of the tent – distributing weight evenly and minimising movement in the wind.
- Large 3 pole awnings, front and rear, provides heaps of headroom and space to relax outside in the shade.
- Rear bedroom 260 (W) x 270(L)
- Walls near vertical for all-round maximum internal space.
- Large side windows (165(h) x 143(w) cm) plus Ventraflow panels that provide cool clear air low down where you sleep. Internal privacy screens zip up from the bottom maximising your control of air flow and keeping you warmer in cool weather. All external covers can be poled or pegged out as protective awnings.
- Large Omega screen doors, with internal privacy screens, at the rear end of the tent and in the dividing wall. The Omega rear door provides a separate entrance AND a full wall of ventilation.
- Front room 260(W) x 210 (L)
- Spacious second bedroom or recreation/storage area.
- Omega Doors to front and D Doors on each side ensure all-round cool comfort.
- External door panels on the Outer Fly pole out as awnings.
- Omega screen doors with internal privacy screens, at each end of the tent, for all-around comfort. External covers form a three-pole awning.
- Sewn-in Dividing Wall, with Omega door, separates the rooms. Omega Doors tuck away neatly in a small side pocket.
- 100D HiCount fabric Outer Fly – heavier and stronger than any other dome tent fabric. See Tent Waterhead and Fabric Weight Comparisons.
- Waterproofing – MINIMUM 3000 mm Waterhead (actually measured at 4500 mm) Stay dry, even in the most severe and persistent wet weather.
- UV-PROTEK treatment of the Outer Fly, unique to Outdoor Connection tents, guarantees maximum resistance to fabric degradation from the damaging effects of UV light, offering longer life to your camping home. The Abrasion Resistant coating resists waterproofing degradation from the erecting, folding and rubbing of the Fly over the years.
- Durafine No-see-um Mesh – Fine, strong and hard wearing.
- Heat Taped Seams and special tent sewing threads to ensure maximum waterproofing and strength.
- Pre-tied guy ropes with zippered storage pockets.
- Zips: Coil #8 zips on all doors for strength and long lasting durability. Coil #5 zips, for maximum protection against wind and rain on windows and Ventraflow panels.
Comfort & Convenience
- Inner tent of breathable polyester minimises condensation inside the tent.
- Zippered inner tent privacy panels and mesh screening match the outer fly – the tent can be closed up from inside on cool nights.
- Rear Bedroom with large side windows and Outdoor Connection’s unique Ventraflow panels for cool clear air low down where you sleep.
- Privacy Screens on windows and Ventraflow panels zip from the bottom upwards to control air flow into the tent. All doors and windows have both mesh and privacy screens.
- Large Omega doors are at each end of the tent and in the internal dividing wall. Doors fully unzip to tuck away in a small storage pocket. Neat and compact!
- Durafine No-See-Um mesh on all doors and windows.
- PE Floor 175 Grams per Square Metre (GSM) provides maximum waterproofing and durability without creating too much weight.
- Large side awnings – formed by side the doors on each side of the front room.
- Three Pole Awnings formed by poling out the two end doors of the Outer Fly. Outdoor Connection’s design three-pole awning forms a pitched structure so the awnings can be left up in the rain.
- Three awning poles provided with the tent.
- Optional Side Walls attach to three-pole awnings can be poled out to form an extra large awning in fine weather or pegged down for extra protection under the tent awning in wet or breezy weather.
- Electrical Cord Access -Zippered access with hooks for hanging LED along the peak seam
- Storage pockets sewn to the walls of the inner tent.
- Door Locks for added security
- EziPak Drop-In’ Carry Bag with fold-over flaps. Compression straps with Snap-Lock buckles. No struggling to get the tent in the bag- just drop it in
Pack Size and Weight:
- Tent Bag: 82 x 33 x 34 cm
- Weight 24.6 kg
- Manufacturers Warranty of Five years against defects in manufacture or materials.