• Manufactured from 400gsm rip-stop poly cotton canvas. Our best tent canvas.
• 22mm Tubular steel supporting frame
• Sleeping area with sewn in 550g PVC bathtub style floor
• Sleeping area 3.05 m wide x 3.66 long x 2.3 m high approx. plus front awning approx. 2m long
• Overall outer edge size of the frame is 3.3m wide x 5.8m long
• All windows have mosquito nets – 2 windows on either side with inner curtains. T style front canvas door with mozzie net door.
• Double layer canvas roof. Canvas flysheet hangs over both sides. Key feature for weather protection, reduce condensation and heat.
• Manufactured in South Africa
• Accommodates up to six people in sleeping area.
• Rip-stop canvas fabric provides total light blackout inside (no early morning sun shining into the tent and waking everyone up)
• Tent weight in carry bag 31 kgs. and poles in bag 20 kgs.
PLEASE NOTE – This does not include free freight. Orders can be collected from our premises otherwise freight costs will apply.
This is a wonderful and popular tent for families. Solid, rugged, watertight, cool in hot climates and safe for the little ones to offer a great nights sleep. A tent that will last for many years to come with regular use, and built with heavy duty components to last the distance and withstand the rigours that your family can dish up.
The Campmor Bungalow Tent is manufactured from a high quality rip stop canvas. This canvas tent has a double skin roof over the sleeping area – a key feature making this tent much cooler in hot weather with the additional layer of shade and free flowing air, and 100% weatherproof. Most canvas tents don’t offer this – rather they have a single layer canvas roof only. Offering a two layered canvas roof like this has many advantages –
The air gap between the layers allows for more air circulation and more shade, therefore the tent will be much cooler in hot climates. Less condensation in the mornings. Greater insulation on cold nights as the double skin roof acts as an insulator. A double layer of protection from the rain offering greater security and peace of mind. Less exposure of the tent canvas to the elements meaning it will last longer.
The heavy weight groundsheet sewn in ensures no water ingress. The canvas flysheet hangs over both sides for extra protection. The tent is extremely warm in cold weather. This tent also has plenty of internal ventilation through the side windows. A large internal living space makes this an excellent tent for families and eco tourism businesses. Erection time approximately 20 minutes for two people.
All Campmor canvas fabric is dyed and has an anti-fungal treatment, UV inhibitor and Teflon additive which makes water bead off the canvas and quick drying time.
Canvas material has a panama weave with 60% cotton, 40% polyester. Polyester is in the cross ribs. The sewing thread is core spun for strength with a polyester core being wrapped with cotton. This combination gives maximum possible breaking strength and the cotton sheath allows the thread to swell within the sewn seams to keep moisture out.
Ground sheets are 550 gram PVC. Eyelets are high quality brass. Zips are YKK – the worlds best. Small parts, big difference. South African Bureau Of Standards approved.
Ideal for family camping, eco lodges, holiday parks, mining accommodation, remote tourism sites.
Optional additional netted flysheet can be provided for an extra layer of protection and insulation over the roof of the tent.
Going forward we are planning to make this model with a Sand colour canvas flysheet and an Olive colour main tent canvas. The lighter colour roof will reflect more heat away. The olive colour tent walls will keep the inner tent darker in the night and mornings for a better nights sleep.